Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First thoughts of S5E3 'Jughead'

First and foremost, this was a great episode.

It had all the stuff that I love about LOST.

First off we had a new set of people on the Island who we were not sure the identity of. I am still really loving the jumps in time and how it can be used as a device to reveal things about the history of the Island. There was of course the big reveal of the episode...

Widmore used to be on the Island back in the 50's. SO SWEET!

I was literally pacing the room and at the end of the scene everyone looks over to see me standing on the couch. What can I say, I like the show.

I love what that little tid-bit could mean for the history of the show and I can't wait for it to flesh out further. Then there was the whole H-Bomb thing. This was interesting, no question, but I think that it will mean a lot more when tied to something later in the season.

The last on Island thing was where Locke meets up with Alpert and tells him when he will be born. This of course ties in to past episodes where Alpert was making multiple attempts to get Locke on the Island.

As for the off Island stuff we were focused on Desmond's story the whole time. It was great to see that Penny and Des had a son and it was nice that they named him Charlie. Desmond's search for Faraday's mom helped him learn how involved Widmore had really been with his research and this connection also makes me question Dan's loyalty. I thought that the interaction between Charles and Des in the office showed a very different side of Widmore and I am still thinking Ms. Hawking (the white haired lady from the end of last week's episode) is Dan's mom.

I also think that the young woman who held the gun on Dan at the H-Bomb could also be Ms. Hawking. If both were true then it would mean that was his mom... Woah.

Okay I should quit before I am up all night. Looking forward to the other posts.

-Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment