Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Some Quick Initial Thoughts On S. 5 E. 4, "The Little Prince"

-This was probably my favorite or second favorite episode of the season so far. A lot of new information and we found out Jin is alive. Plus, we finally get to see some back story on Rousseau.

-How did Jin flash through time, but the freighter he was on did not? Could it be that because the freighter was man made it stayed behind? Why didn't the debris he was floating on stay back too? Was it because he was touching the debris? Is that why the guns from the past transferred too? Carlton, Damon, are you reading this?

-It was pretty obvious that Ben would be the one who hired the attorney. He has the best motive for doing so. I was shocked when Claire's mom opened the door to that hotel room, but that whole scene was put in there just to throw people off, I guess.

-Who did the guy that attacked Sayid work for? Probably Widmore, but we still have no proof that Widmore is trying to harm or capture the Oceanic Six. He may have had Sayid's wife killed, but we don't know why. Could there be a third faction involved? My feeling is that there is. Could this be why Sayid stopped working for Ben? Maybe he found out that the people he was killing had nothing to do with his wife's death.

-The boats that we see in the future are how the Oceanic Six and friends come back to the island. They fly back on Ajira Airlines and either crash near the island or do some sort of water landing. Why do they have two boats? Well, the plane probably had some crew members on it and possibly some other people. And you also have Ben and the Oceanic Six. Yes, I think Ben comes back to the island with the Oceanic Six. It would be a waste of his character if he didn't. Who was shooting at them? I don't know. I'll think about it.

-Miles is the baby that Dr. Chang is holding in the premiere. I did not like this theory at first, because it seemed kind of racist, but now there is actual proof for it. The nose bleeds are happening in the order of arrival on the island. Charlotte was probably born there before Miles and Juliet arrived before any of the Losties. They're all going to start having nose bleeds eventually.

-They introduced a lot of new background music in this episode. Was I the only one that noticed that?

More thoughts later after I review the episode.

12 comments:

  1. Yes you are the only person who noticed the music. The Jin questions you have have all been answered, remember the first flash and Daniel and some other people were on that little boat that moved through time with them, he said we must have been close enough to the island, that is not any different then Jin floating on a piece of wreckage.

    It makes sense that the boats were the oceanic 6 + Ben, but the shooting makes no sense.

    I don't like the Miles thing but unfortunately I think you are correct, and I like your nose bleed theory

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very different from Jin floating on the wreckage. The smoke from the freighter disappeared when they flashed, so unless Jin was blown a huge distance from the freighter with the debris, he should not have jumped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time Travel fever man, I'm telling you!

    I used to get nosebleeds as a kid alot, I used to think it was just because I was overheating... but now I know it's because I'm time travelling

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if this is true or not (or I just made it up right now) but I think the freighter was right on the edge of the Island and the outside world... the fringe if you will. So, if Jin happened to survive, and started swimming toward shore using debris as a life raft, it may be slightly feasible that he was able to get close enough to the island in order to also time travel whereas the ship, outside the time travel (TT) radius, was not affected

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just watched the explosion of the freighter again, Jin isn't on the deck of the boat when it explodes, nor does it show him jumping off... so... no body, no death. So it is likely that he tried to get away from the freighter prior to it exploding... or maybe he blew up like Arnie at the end of Predator?

    We are forgetting that they survived an air crash in the middle of the Ocean afterall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, ok, hang on. In the episode when Sun was having Ji Yean, who was Jin taking the huge Panda to? And why? and why is that important to put in the episode?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think it was important. I think they were just trying to fool people into thinking that Jin got off the island with Sun. It was a big reveal at the time that Jin was dead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes...that was a flashback...not flashforward if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great thoughts right off the bat...

    JIN LIVES!!!! I never gave up hope and I am so glad he survived. As Ryan mentioned in a real world discussion the fact that he is alive doesn't have a huge impact on the overall story of the Island but it is still good to see he is alive.
    I had some problems with the way Jin showed up too but I think the possible solution would be that after the explosion Jin drifted toward the Island an into Faraday's described 'Radius'. The big problem I had with that is that the helicopter was headed back to the Island also and it had some propulsion on it. I would think the helicopter would be closer to the Island then Jin would be and thus in the radius, UNLESS of course it was too high in the air to move with the Island. I think that is the explanation that will pan out.

    You were right on with the Ben/lawyer thing all along and the Claire Mom thing was just a curve ball.

    I still think it is still just Ben's side vs. Widmore's side. I think that Sayid just got fed up with working for Ben without getting the whole story (he has that effect on people). I'm not ruling out the idea of a third group but it just seems late in the game for a whole new side. I think the motive Widmore would have for messing with the O6 is that he has the knowledge that they have to go back and he could be trying to prevent that.

    -What if Ben can't go back to the Island like he said, UNLESS the O6 all go back also? That could be the reason that he is getting them together to once again serve his selfish motives. Hmmmmm

    I like your idea about the O6 using the boats but it just smells wrong to me. I can't see them using a major airline and hopping a non-stop to mystery-frickin-Island. Yes they were working on an Airstrip and whatnot but I'm just not sure your right. You have a good sense of things so I wouldn't dare rule it out.

    Finally you have a good idea about the nose bleeds... I second you on not liking the idea, but yeah, I think you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reveal of the night: Sayid is still the most bad-ass character on television. Choking someone out with an IV line (while its still in his arm) may be the coolest thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete