Thursday, May 14, 2009

I May Have Something Here...

In light of the season 5 finale, I think I have figured out the basic storyline LOST is trying to follow. While I'm not sure of details, I think that LOST is following the Biblical story:
http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Esau.htm
If you take the time to read this short article, I think that Jacob's enemy represents Esau, his brother. I think this more because right before Ben kills Jacob, he complains about never getting to even see him. Then he talks about Locke and something along the lines of: "When he [Locke] want's to see you, he gets taken up here as if he were Moses himself."

And so...I predict Season 6 opens up with Jacob being born by his mother, Rebekah. Any thoughts/comments anyone???

2 comments:

  1. while I don't fully buy into that theory yet, I do want to point out that there was a particular emphasis on Faux-Lockes face when the Moses line was spoken.

    I don't think that was just a short pan across their faces, it felt deliberate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely respect not fully buying into it...but it just seems like the theme of faith and the Bible run throughout the whole series, like the 23rd Psalm episode, man of faith, the Moses line. Not to mention the name Jacob, their current situation and how that compares to the story in the Bible. It seems quite convincing for me, but I'm sure this theory will either be disproved or strengthened during the first couple episodes or so in season 6. We just have to wait 8 months :(

    ReplyDelete